INVISALIGN: THE CLEAR WAY TO A STRAIGHT SMILE
Are you someone who covers their mouth while speaking? Do you tend to reserve yourself and hold back your smile? These habits are widespread amongst people with misaligned teeth. Living with crooked and spaced teeth can also be embarrassing for some. It tends to make you conscious in social situations and prevents you from enjoying your life to the fullest. If this sounds like you, you probably are aware that you need an orthodontic treatment to straighten your smile, and if you are reading this, it can be because the thought of traditional metal braces makes you anxious. Well, you can keep your anxiety at bay and get the beautiful smile you deserve with Invisalign.
WHAT IS INVISALIGN?
Invisalign is a system of orthodontic treatment provided by Dentist on Dundas in Toronto, which is used to straighten misaligned teeth with the help of clear aligners. Invisalign clear aligners are an alternative treatment to traditional metallic braces. It is a discreet and almost virtually invisible way of correcting the position of misaligned teeth. This system uses a series of transparent aligners that snugly fit your teeth to move them into desirable positions.
Invisalign clear aligners are manufactured from superior medical-grade thermoplastic material. This ensures that Invisalign aligners are biocompatible and suit everyone. Invisalign clear aligners provided by our dentists in Toronto have been proven to be one of the most comfortable and seamless orthodontic treatments for smile correction. Now, you can get the smile you have always desired without going through the hassle which comes with traditional metal braces. With the introduction of Invisalign, you no longer have any excuses to avoid getting your teeth straightened.
HOW DOES INVISALIGN WORK?
After a complete oral examination, your dentist will determine if you are ideal for this procedure. Once approved, they will take the help of advanced 3D computer imagining technology and scan your upper and lower teeth. With the advent of this technology, you will appreciate the changes that will be made and get an idea of how your smile will look after the treatment is complete during your first visit itself. Once your measurements are taken, a series of clear aligners will be custom-made for you. Invisalign aligners allow small precise tooth movements. Each aligner has to be worn for two weeks. At the end of two weeks, the old aligners are discarded, and you are given a new pair that allows further movement. This is continued till the desired results are achieved. The number of aligners and the duration of treatment varies according to individual needs and the treatment plan prescribed by Dr. M. Sardashti. However, the average time for teeth straightening using Invisalign ranges from 9-18 months.
BENEFITS OF INVISALIGN
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible.
- They work to straighten your smile discreetly in the background and do not interfere with everyday life.
- They are invisible in photographs.
- Invisalign aligners are removable. This gives you the freedom to remove it during chewing.
- They allow maintaining good oral hygiene as they can be removed for cleaning, brushing and flossing. This means the chances of getting a gum disease reduces drastically.
- They contain no wires or metallic parts. This ensures an aesthetically pleasing smile even during treatment—no unsightly appearance of metal. Since there are no wires or brackets, no fear of wires snapping or brackets breaking and hurting the mouth. This also means that you don’t have to spend countless hours trying to remove food particles from your braces.
- Studies have shown that patients undergoing treatment with Invisalign tend to be more comfortable and experience less pain during treatment.
- Invisalign is an excellent option for people who work in a consumer-facing environment or sports and can’t opt for traditional metal braces.
Invisalign clear aligners can treat various orthodontic anomalies like overbite, cross-bite, crowded teeth and spaced teeth successfully. At our dental clinic, Dentist on Dundas, located in downtown Toronto, many patients have experienced the benefits of Invisalign and now live with a beautiful, straight and bright smile. So, why wait? Start your journey to a beautiful smile with us today. If you have any more questions or would like to book an appointment, you can contact us, and our team of fantastic dental professionals will be there for you.