Tooth loss can cause many complications. Losing even a single natural tooth can significantly affect one’s smile and facial aesthetics and can create problems in eating and speaking typically. If you have lost one or more natural teeth and are looking for a natural-looking, reliable, and durable tooth replacement option, Toronto Dental Implants is the best option at Dentist on Dundas.
What are Dental Implants?
According to the Canadian Dental Association, an implant is a screw-shaped fixture made of titanium inserted into the jawbone. It serves as the replacement root of an artificial tooth. Over time, the implant anchors itself firmly within the jawbone and then provides a solid foundation for attaching a crown or another prosthesis to replace the missing teeth. Due to their excellent durability and safety, dental implants have become the most popular tooth replacement option worldwide.
Am I a Candidate for Getting Dental Implants?
Any individual who has lost one or more natural teeth can benefit from Toronto dental implants. The best thing about dental implants is that whether you have lost a single, multiple, or all teeth in a jaw, you can get them replaced aesthetically with an implant-supported prosthesis.
For example, at Dentist on Dundas, we replace a single missing tooth with an implant by placing a zirconia crown over it. Similarly, if there is more than one missing tooth, we will use two or more implants to support an implant-supported overdenture. Finally, if someone has lost all their teeth, we will replace them with a complete fixed bridge supported by only four implants in each jaw – a prosthesis known as an all-on-4 implant-supported fixed bridge.
Dental implants are also an excellent option for individuals who are not satisfied with the fit or aesthetics of their removable dentures that require frequent repairs or replacements.
What is the Procedure for Getting Dental Implants?
Getting Toronto Dental implants requires extensive dental skills and careful treatment planning. Furthermore, tooth replacement with dental implants at Dentist on Dundas is usually carried out in multiple steps.
- Clinical Examination and Treatment Planning – first, we will perform a detailed examination of your teeth to ascertain your eligibility for getting Toronto Dental implants. We will also record the location and number of missing teeth to prepare a treatment plan that is fully customized according to your dental needs.
- The Implant Procedure – at the next appointment, we will place the dental implants. We will administer local anesthesia to make you pain-free and relaxed during the procedure. Afterward, we will make an incision over the soft tissue overlying the jawbone where the implants will be inserted. After the bone has been exposed, we will drill holes and carefully screw in the implants at pre-determined locations. Once the implants are in place, we will place a healing screw over them. This is to ensure that the implant surgical site heals without interruption.
- The Healing Process – healing of the implant surgical site usually takes 4-6 months. However, you don’t have to worry; you won’t have to go without your teeth during this period. We will attach temporary crowns over the implants to restore facial aesthetics, but they cannot be used for chewing.
- Implant Loading – once the implant site has healed completely and the implants have become firmly embedded within the jawbone, we will replace the temporary restorations with a pre-fabricated, permanent restoration. This process is called implant loading. So now you can use your implant-supported teeth to enjoy all your favorite foods.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
If you’re wondering why dental implants are the best tooth-replacement option, here are some benefits of dental implants that will help you decide:
- Durability – dental implants are highly durable; they can even last for a lifetime with proper care.
- Safety – titanium implants are incredibly safe for use in the oral cavity and do not cause any allergic or untoward reaction.
- Esthetics – dental implants can also support aesthetically pleasing, natural-looking prostheses, thereby improving your smile and self-confidence.
- Convenience – with Toronto Dental implants, there is no food restriction; you can enjoy all your favorite foods just like you used to with your natural teeth.
- Bone Conservation – removable dentures rest on oral soft tissues and the underlying jawbone for their retention. As a result, they cause significant wear to the jawbone over time and increase the risk of jawbone fracture. This problem is eliminated with Toronto Dental Implants. In fact, dental implants promote bone formation around them and help strengthen them.
If you are fed up wearing your uncomfortable or unaesthetic removable dentures, now is the to say goodbye! Instead, say hello to a new era of ease, convenience, and natural aesthetics with dental implants. So, book an appointment with us today and begin your journey towards a healthy, confident, and beautiful smile with dental implants.